Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday

Today will be a busy day, but I'm looking forward to it. :)

Nate doesn't have school today, so this morning I'm going to surprise him and take him to Starbucks for a vanilla steamer. He loves those! Coffee Then we have several errands to run in preparation for this weekend. There is an Acquire The Fire conference this weekend here in KC and Steve's cousin, Andrea, is coming and bringing about 13 others with her, and they're staying here Friday night. So, our house will be busy, busy! Steve and Brennan are going to the Conference, too. I'm really excited about this time and know it'll be awesome. (I love it because as I'm typing this, I have on the Ihop webstream and they're praying for this conference right now!)

After our errands, this afternoon, I'm taking Nate to the UMKC dental school. With both boys needing braces, we're trying to find the most econmical route and we've heard good things about the dental school. Plus, their fees are 1/3 of what the normal dental rates are. The student dentists are all overseen by faculty, etc. So, we shall see how this goes. I'd still like to find a good dentist in the area, but if we can get braces cheaper than the $9,000 quoted to us in Iowa, I'm all for that, too! Braces

And then tonight I'm going to a Mom's night at Ihop. They're starting up again, once a month. I'm anxious to meet more Mom's from church! So, I'm looking forward to this!

1 comment:

Dena said...

$9,000? Seriously? Wow, that's outrageous. Deb, you need to get back up here. $3,500 is what we are paying for Austins. I don't blame you for looking around. That sounds like a ridiculous price!