Thursday, February 7, 2008

Psalm 73

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - Psalm 73:26

This verse is the languge of my heart at the moment. As I sit here this morning, I am once again overwhelmed by His faithful pursuit of my heart. As I look back over the past 6 months that we have been here in KC, I am reminded of time and time again when my heart was so weak and I felt I could not go on. This has truly been the most difficult season of my entire life. And, in those moments, especially when I didn't even have the words to give language to the ache and pain of my heart, God would somehow strenghten and encourage my heart and give me the courage and grace to go on. When I had no words to express the deep needs of my weak, little heart, He still knew every need, and this morning He has been reminding me of His faithfulness. And, as I look back this morning, I am overwhelmed by His desire for me. His faithful pursuit, and jealous love over my heart. Time and time again, His love and faithfulness overwhelms me. I have literally been in tears all morning, because He is so good and His love truly endures forever. I do not deserve the depth of His love for me, and yet He continues to pour it on over and over again. I love Him only because He first loved me. I respond to Him only because He is faithful to draw me to Himself over and over again.

He truly is the strength of my heart and my portion FOREVER!

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Yes, my friend, yes!

The Naths said...

I know exactly what you are saying! I have so been there...felt that...including the tears!