Today we're heading back to Iowa for the weekend. :) I always love it when we get a chance to go 'home'. :) It seems like over the next few months, we'll be going almost every month for various reasons, which will be nice. :)
I'm excited because this weekend I get to have breakfast with two gym friends (one of whom is very pregnant and ready to have twins any day!), lunch with another dear friend. Plus we'll be back at our old church Saturday night for the service and get to see lots of people. And, on Monday we're having our taxes done with our CPA in Des Moines.
Also, on Monday I'm going to my old gym and meeting with my old personal trainer! I am so excited to go back to that gym! I miss it so much and haven't been back since we moved! I'm anxious to see everyone again! With all the medical stuff I had go wrong this fall, one of the issues I've struggled with is my lack of sweating. In general, this isn't an issue, but with working out is is! So, I tend to get really hot and overheated when I try to workout, which has been more than frustrating in trying to get back into shape, let me tell you! So, I'm hoping my trainer can give me some ideas of how to work around this ssue. I've been on the thyroid meication for 5 weeks now and I hear it takes a full 3 months to have it working at it's 'peak' in your body, so I'm just trying to be patient! lol Actually, I'm feeling soooooooooooooooooooooo much better and feel like we're finally getting things straightened out and under control. I finally have energy and am not freezing all the time! YEAH! So, now I'm ready to try to get a good workout routine going again! :)
And, of course we get to see my family also! I love hanging out at my parents. They're so fun to just sit and talk with. We spend a lot of time around the table just 'sharing life' together and drinking coffee -- I so enjoy that 'down time' and 'relationship' time! :) My parents are so cute -- they always set out 4 coffee cups with spoons on the counter the night befofre, so that when we get up we're all ready to go. (I've even gotten my Dad hooked on flavored creamer! lol)
So, yes -- back to Iowa we go. Although I'm beginning to settle in here in KC more and more.......I think Iowa will always be 'home'. :)
I'll 'chat' with ya' all when we return next week! Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment