Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cuba

I just read about this on another blog this morning: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/02/19/castro/index.html

For those that don't know -- two years ago I had the amazing privilege to going to Cuba as one of the workshop speaker's for a pastors/leaders conference there. We brought in about 300 pastors/leaders from across the island for a conference just to equip them and encourage their hearts. I have never felt such compassion and really felt like I joined with God's heart. The news gives only a minor glimpse into this nation -- it is really heart wrenching to hear what these dear people go through! But, God is doing amazing things in the church, at large, there! He is equipping the Body of Christ and giving them what they need! Their hearts are huge and they truly understand what it means to lay down their lives for the sake of the gospel. They risk imprisonment/fines/harshness daily for the sake of Christ. And yet they press on in the most amazing joy. You see the pain in their faces and your heart aches when you hear their stories, and yet their eyes shine with an eternal hope!

And, this morning when I read this, my heart went back there. Oh, I long to be able to go again! I can't wait until God sends me back there! Even right now, there is another team from our old church in Iowa, who has sent a team back there for another conference. But, this is a worship conference with Julaine Christiansen, of Julaine Ministries, too -- and they're focusing on teaching them prophetic worship. God is doing amazing things in the worship and prayer movement there!

I don't know what the future of Cuba is, but I do believe that eventually the 'doors will be open' there. That brings good and bad influences in. But, underneath the 'surface' now, God is equipping and preparing His body for what is ahead. They have been such a 'closed' nation for so long and now God is giving us the opportunity to go in and give them some of what they need. So, even though I'm not physically there this year, but my heart is there!

No comments: