Monday, January 14, 2008

Living Room "After" photos

Here are the 'after' photos for our living room, from Crystal's challenge on her blog: http://www.biblicalwomanhoodonline.com/blog.htm


I just noticed, in looking at the photo, that I forgot to take down our lights over our window! LOL YES, I had to LOOK at the photo before I noticed! LOL I've gotten so used to seeing them over the window for the past 6 weeks, that we somehow forgot to take them down when we took down all the rest of the Christmas decorations this past weekend -- oops! LOL



We've got to figure out a better way to arrange our living room -- anyone have any good ideas? :) We have that large open space between bookshelves, which would be for a large entertainment center. Problem is -- we don't have a large entertainment center (don't know that we need one, either) and our tv is fairly 'small' compared to the space. It looked great when we put our Christmas tree in that spot, but now it looks terribly bare! LOL

Another of Crystal's challenges was to prepare a weekly dinner menu -- hmmmm......I still need to work on that one! :) I do know what we're having for supper tonight, though -- BREAKFAST! Waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and fruit. My husband LOVES breakfast for supper, so I know that at least one night a week, things are easy for me! :) Maybe tonight I'll get my dinner menu done and actually post it tomorrow morning????!!!! That's a great goal, huh?! LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I came over from Titus2Forum - I hope it is okay that I stopped by?! :O)

Love and God's Blessings,
Cat
(www.xanga.com/MrsCatherine)

Laura said...

What if you put a sofa table there up against the wall and put plants and picture frames in varying heights. That would give it the warm feeling the tree did and display your loved ones. I love the $2 frames at Wal Mart.

Anonymous said...

What Laura said sounds great! Also
circular stair step plant stand(with plants on), Or decorated wreath OR better yet - put cutouts on piece of paper allowing yourself to rearrange before doing. Since you have bulk furniture I think I would suggest keeping it toned down on size of additive(s)- yet filling. Since you have so many pictures in bookcases - perhaps just a nice large picture(inexpensive at H.L.),with maybe sconces (guess I am just rambling). I know through suggestions you will find what you like and then it becomes you. Go for it.
M

Anonymous said...

how about a hanging quilt on dowel?
with your room color choice?and size?
M

Anonymous said...

oooh, I like the quilt idea!