Friday, January 11, 2008

A new blog I enjoy

Thought I'd share the link to a blog that I recently heard about and is quickly becoming one of my favorite: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

Crystal scours the papers/inserts/internet for the best deals around and then walks you through how to coupon combine, etc. -- getting many things for free or very cheap. I am always amazed at what she comes up with. CVS is a new concept to us here, so I just 'applied' for my first card to get ECBs, but I'm excited about this new 'adventure'. We're always looking for ways to reduce our budget, but to me this has become more of a 'game' and kinda fun to see what deals she introduces every few days. :)

Hope it can help someone else, too! :) Money 6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy Crystal's blog. Her CVS posts have been very helpful. Here's what I got this week at CVS! When all is said and done, I will have made actual cash on the deal, plus had $27 in ECBs to use next time! Have fun getting your deals Debi!

First Transaction:

1 Sambucol
I paid $12.99
Minus 2.00 ($2 off $10)
Minus $12.99 rebate

Actual amount spent 11.68 but will get $12.99 in rebate, so I make a $1.31 on this deal and also get $10 ECB!

Second Transation:

1 Keebler Cookies 1.00 (free after coupon)
1 gallon milk 2.99
1 Fructis shampoo 2.99 (got $2 ECB)
1 Aquafresh toothpaste 1.99 (free after coupon)
4 Soy Joys $4 (got $4 ECB)
2 Robitussin (B1G1 free) 5.99 (free, but realy earned .01 with coupons)
2 Green Peanut M&Ms :love: 6.98 (3.00 ECB)
1 Cottonelle 84 wipes 5.98 (3.00 ECB)
1 John Frieda Shampoo and Conditioner set 12.00 (5.00 ECB)
1 Zantac 8 ct. 5.29 (.29 after 5.00 coupon)

Total discounts (including coupons and ECBs used) 48.47

Total paid out of pocket in 2nd transaction $.74!

Total out of pocket in both transactions together: $12.42 (minus the $12.99 rebate) my actual output for this will be a return of [b]+$.57[/b]! [b]I actually made money on this deal. [/b]

[b]Total ECBs earned from both transactions: $27.00 [/b]

Unknown said...

Check out momadvice.com sometime. It's another fun website like this one:) They have freebie-fridays on the blog and you can get lots of free stuff! I have a whole bag full of things:)

Debi said...

Jill - awesome! Thanks for sharing! I JUST got my CVS card in the mail today and can't wait to get started! :) Dh and I are going to have a date today and see what we can find! LOL

Rose - thanks for the site! I haven't seen that one before, but just saved it as a favorite and will check it out more later -- looks great!