Saturday, December 15, 2007

And.......the finished product...

I had NO idea what colors to do, and wasn't sure about keeping the headboard some friends had given us, but knew that I wanted it to be warm and inviting. Thankfully, God brought a wonderful new friend into my life named, Tracie, and she's awesome at decorating and loves it. So, she offered to help me! (Thanks, Tracie!!!!) She called me one day from Wal-Mart and had found a comforter she thought I'd like..........and I did!!! I never would have been 'drawn' to pick out these colors, but once I started putting them together, I LOVED it!!!! I'd still like to get a few things for the walls, change the sheet color, add a few decorative pillows, and I want to replace the photos of our friends on the headboard (obviously), but that'll come with time -- atleast the majority of the room is done and we love how warm and relaxing it is! It's such a change from the 'coldness' of the way the room was! :)


The chocolates were Hot Cocoa Hershey's Kisses and are in a cute little glass dish behind the pillows. Well, we found out the day after we'd decorated that we have to shut the guest room door now -- or Chester LOVES to eat the chocolate! The day after, I walked into the room to find the wrappers all over the bed and half the chocolate was GONE! LOL So, now the door gets shut unless we have guests! LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - my, chocolate in the room?
Looks like wonderful accommodations plus hospitality of continental breakfast - wow!!!!
Great job.... M

Tracie said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dena said...

Gorgeous!!!

Remind Chester that chocolate is poison to dogs. LOL

Dena said...

Gorgeous!!!

Remind Chester that chocolate is poison to dogs. LOL