Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Well, we've returned from a GREAT time in Iowa! We left very early Thursday morning and drove the 4 hours to my parents' house in Ogden, Iowa. We had lots of great food, but more importantly, we truly enjoyed our time together! We laughed a lot and hung out all day just chatting and laughing and just enjoying our time together. Everyone was home for Thanksgiving, which was wonderful. I have 3 siblings: My oldest sister, Dena is married to Jay and they have three children - twin daughters, Ashley & Chelsea, and a son Austin. Then next in line is my brother, Lance, who has a son, Carter. Followed by my sister, Theresa and her husband Terry (their daughters and grandson were not able to come, though). And, the finally me and our family -- yep, I'm the BABY of the family! LOL

On Friday, my parents and Steve and I spent time just drinking coffee on the three-season porch and talking the morning away! We love that time with them! Then, my Dad needed to take my nephew home because he'd spent the night and Steve took Brennan to Ankeny to spend the night with a friend from our old church. And, my Mom and I headed to Ames to do some shopping. That was so much fun! It has been years since I've been back in Ames -- the city of so many memories for me with the campus ministry we were involved with at Iowa State and then that's where Steve and I got married and where our two boys were born -- lots of memories and so much has changed since I was there last! It was fun to 're-live' it. And, I truly enjoyed just getting to hang out with my Mom! We never get to do that and so we just enjoyed each other and found some great deals!!! :)

Then, Saturday, we packed things up and headed back to Kansas City. It was a wonderful time with my family and I truly treasured every moment! Although, I must admit -- this time it was a bit harder to come back to KC. I was a bit more emotional. I think it's because although we had a wonderful time with my family, I didn't get to see any of my friends and we didn't end up going back to our church for a visit. You just can't do everything or see everyone ever time when you go home and that's hard sometimes. I wish we could have, but it's not realistic. :(

Anyway.......here are some photos from our time with my family. I still struggle figuring out how the uploading of photos works, so there's absolutely no rhyme or reason for the sequencing of these photos! LOL
Here's Nate with Grandpa Tony.
My parents: Tony & Sandi.
Me and my oldest sister, Dena.
My middle sister, Theresa, with her husband, Terry.
Our family. :)
My sister Theresa, brother Lance, and I.

All of us kids together. Me, Theresa, Dena, & Lance.


Us girls: Dena, Theresa, & I.


My oldest sister's family: Chelsea, Ashley, my sister Dena, Austin, & Jay.

My Grandma, who is almost 98 years old! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Criminy, are your parents EVER going to age?? Sure, Tony's hair's a wee bit lighter than when I last saw him, what, ten years ago, but man... they look great!!

I'm glad your family had such a good time together. You're all so much fun to hang out with! :D

Anonymous said...

I could look at this family every hour of every day - such a wonderful happy and loving family.
M

Dena said...

ok dear sweet sister. I love you very much but if you keep refering to me as your OLDest sister, I'm going to have to bop you with my cane! How about changing that to your WISEst sister. That works for me. :P
Love, ya!