Thursday, November 1, 2007

"After"

Here's a few 'after' photos. Brennan picked out a tan/taupe color for the walls to go with his blue/red/white/taupe comforter. Then we painted his white desk a Navy color. That didn't turn out quite like we wanted. It's not as dark as the comforter, but Brennan doesn't seem to care. LOL We have a Navy valance to put up yet. And, he has all kinds of crazy ideas for the walls. Steve even suggested using some old skateboards for shelves! I think it'll really turn out cool when we're completely done, but that might be awhile yet, so I thought I'd at least show you the initial 'transformation'. Brennan loves it and is glad to not be sleeping in a 'girl's' room anymore! LOL

Brennan was a 'trooper' and hung right in there with us. He loved painting! Although we did have to let him know in no uncertain terms that he couldn't put his toes into the paint! (Boys will be boys, I guess! LOL)

He needs a stand for beside his bed, but for now he has just a brown tv tray stand! LOL

And his bed frame could use some Old English, huh? :)

See how the blues don't quite match? Hmmm.......Steve wanted to use a spray paint and we did almost 3 cans of Navy spray paint, but it didn't quite get as dark as I would have liked. Oh well, it's all a work in progress. We're just happy to not be 'blinded by the light' when we walk into the room as that former paint was sooooooooooooo bright! LOL

1 comment:

Dena said...

uuummmm...Brennan. The old pink walls would have matched much better with the pretty pink helmet I'm still searching for! I haven't forgotten, so be ready for it. When I find it, I'm sure it'll be way cool!

Love, Aunt Dena