This is part of why I'm not homeschooling.......poor Brennan........he is in pre-algebra........and his parents are clueless! LOL Actually, I shouldn't say that -- Steve knows what he's doing, but me......not so much!!! Every problem he's tried to have me help him with, I have NO idea how to do it. So, today he comes home and is starting his homework and is all smiles and says,
"Mom, our teacher said you should know how to do this because it's the 'old' algebra. The stuff you didn't know how to do last week has only been in schools the last 10-15 years, but this stuff was way before then, when you would have been in school."
First of all......does that mean I'm "old"??????????? LOL
LOL......yep, as I'm sure you could guess .... I couldn't do the 'old' algebra either! I tried and tried to help him figure it out tonight, but we ended up both just laughing and waiting for Dad to come home from work! I told him that I'll help him with other things, but math is just NOT my subject! Well, actually MATH is, but ALGEBRA is NOT!!!!!! :)
3 comments:
Hey, Debi - I know a REALLY GOOD math teacher that could help you! The problem is that you have to do homework! ;-) AKZ
I KNEW you'd love this post, Kim! I thought of you -- do you do any traveling 'tutor' type work?! LOL
Debi
No, but I am teaching an online course this semester ... hmm...does he want to learn calculus?! akz
Post a Comment