Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fun at the Dog Park

Lenexa has great city parks! Tonight we went to the Shawnee Park and they have a HUGE off-leash dog park where dogs are free to run and interact with each other. Well, first of all -- there's renovations, so we didn't let Chester off his leash! LOL But, it was quite the experience, nonetheless. We'd never been to a dog park before, so it was new for all of us....


Chester was sniffing everything, peeing on everything, and totally absorbing the entire environment!


There's a huge trail that goes down to the lake and back.

Here's the guys on the trail. Steve and Nate LOVED being in the 'woods'; whereas, Brennan and I kinda like a little more 'safer' environment! There were bugs, bugs, and more bugs! At one point, I was preparing to take a picture of the guys and I was just SURE something landed on my head and I screamed, dropped the camera and jumped back -- much to the AMUSEMENT of all my guys! They laughed and laughed and ASSURED me nothing was on my head or my clothes! LOL (No thanks to the woods!)

Chester was quite worked up! There were HUGE dogs and one german shepherd that really seemed to 'like' Chester (we think) and would follow him and gently 'paw' at him! I'm sure he could have eaten Chester if he wanted! We just tried to keep walking and were thankful when the owner kept calling him to come back! Then there were other dogs that were nice, but would sniff and sniff Chester and although excited, Chester went from wimpering at the beginning and excited to see all the other dogs, to drooling excessively and at one point -- foaming at the mouth! LOL I think the dog was a little 'traumatized' by his first experience to the dog park. Above he is lapping up water like crazy at the little doggie fountain at the end! Then he came home and 'crashed'! I'm thinking our dog needs a little more socialization! LOL

No comments: