After being away from Ankeny for almost a whole week, I was ready for a night of fun! I have been so 'homesick' all week, so tonight was a 'good different'. Steve's Mom and brother are here this weekend and have been such a blessing to help us with things around the house! Then, tonight we invited Mark and Megan and their children over and we all had supper together -- (hint, hint: get a Costco cheese pizza and add your own toppings! Quick, easy, & cheap!) and then we just enjoyed each other and laughed a lot. It was a really nice 'break' from how 'sad' I've been! :-)
The 'culture shock' has been more than I expected here, so it felt so good to laugh and just 'let down' for a bit. Our nephew Charlie, who is 3, made us laugh with this comment to his Mom, "I like Iowa, it's a lot of fun!" He thought that he was in Iowa because they'd driven to our house! LOL He obviously doesn't understand that we're now only 4 minutes from his house rather than 4 hours! Too cute! Megan says that I need to see the 'real city', so some day here soon she and I are going to go out by ourselves and she said she'd show me the 'good parts'. It's been a rough week with everyone and everything I've come into contact with being a bit 'different' than I'm used to, so she assured me that there are 'normal' people and places here and she'd show them to me! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment