Bride Mary walking down the aisle. She was 'glowing' and full of smiles! :-)
This is Nate and I with my really good friend, Kathie. It was such a delight to get to see her and her husband, Jim, and spend time with them again! We've missed them! She's coming to visit me in a couple weeks and I'm so excited and looking forward to it! :-)
This is Brennan's desire to take even MORE pictures! LOL He's growing into quite the young man and I treasure quick 'snapshots' like these!
After the wedding, our friends, Jim and Kathie, invited us to grab something to drink with them. It was a special treat to get to spend a few more hours with them and get to talk and catch up! :-)
Then.........the trip got interesting! LOL I had this 'brilliant' idea to try a different route home. It seemed that the MapQuest way there was such a 'round-a-bout' way and took us 3 hours. I was SURE we could get home faster going the 'backroads'! Hmmmmmm........
Well.....let's just say, I HAD A VERY BAD IDEA! I admit -- I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE! We ended up driving and driving and finally stopped at this gas station in a totally rural area, only to find out we were still in Nebraska! We were headed toward Topeka and the people in the town had NO CLUE how far Topeka was -- we knew we were in trouble then! So, we got a map (that was terrible, by the way) and FINALLY figured out where in the world we were. We got on track and decided going to Topeka on that road, wasn't a good idea. LOL Eventually, after driving 2 1/2 hours, we saw an Omaha sign (from where we'd come) and it said 86 miles! Thankfully, Steve and the boys were soooooooooooooooooooooooo patient and kind and we all got a good laugh out of the fact that it had taken us 2 1/2 hours to go 86 miles!!!! We were in the middle of nowhere! Let me just say -- SE Nebraska and NE Kansas have NOTHING in them! We couldn't even get cellphone reception! LOL So we decided to head back to the interstate and arrived home at 9:30pm! So......it took us 4 hours and 45 minutes going Debi's way! Needless to say...........we're thinking we should stay with the MapQuest directions from now on! LOL


No comments:
Post a Comment