Yikes! The temperature today was like 99 degrees or something! It was sooooooooo very hot! Poor Steve was working out in it all day and still came home smiling! He amazes me with how long and hard he can work and yet still maintain a good attitude......hmmmmmm, I'm thinking that's called, "fruit of the spirit"! :-) They're having their ups and downs getting the animal shelter built, but tomorrow they're setting trusses and so it's getting closer. He's not really 'enjoyed' having the total responsibility of this entire job; however, I think he's done a wonderful job of 'stepping up to the plate' especially in the midst of all the transition! After this, he'll be headed to UM-KC to work with DJ and the rest of the guys -- he's looking forward to that! :-)
Today the boys and I met Megan and the girls at the pool. There are three pools in Lenexa and we have one just about 2 blocks from our house! It's very nice and was a welcome treat on such a hot day! I'm sure we'll be spending time at the pool quite a bit until school begins!
But, on the other hand -- I'm kinda hoping it rains one of these days -- we sure need it! With such hard clay here, there's cracks all over the ground and we need rain badly!
No comments:
Post a Comment