Sunday, July 29, 2007

We're here!

We arrived safely in Lenexa about 3pm this afternoon, after an uneventful trip south. Well, actually it was uneventful until the last 1/2 hour! LOL We stopped in Liberty, MO, just outside KC to use the bathroom and fill the car with gas. Well, I was so very tired that I decided coffee would be a good choice to help perk me up -- and as I went to put the lid on the cup, if gave way and the entire thing spilled on my WHITE t-shirt and jean shorts! Steve and the boys were laughing so hard that they were absolutely no help as I stood there laughing, too -- what else can you do in that situation? So, the manager was nice enough to clean it up and I walked out of the store looking rather funny and just trying to keep some sense of pride intact as everyone stared at me! LOL

I was pretty proud of myself, though -- I drove all the way through KC (downtown, even!) on my own! Steve led the way in the Penske Truck and I just 'followed that yellow truck'! I was so proud! Thankfully it wasn't rush hour, but I was thrilled to have gotten through all by myself! LOL

Other than that, nothing major. YEAH! We went by our house tonight and it looks like the people were still cleaning out as the garage door was open with a broom there and there was a large area rug hung over the front porch -- so??? We're hoping they're out by tomorrow! LOL We're doing a 'walk through' at 8:30am and then we close at 9:30am. Then, we'll start moving things in. We still need to finish the hardwood floors before we can actually live there, but by the end of the week, we hope to be living there!

Steve did show me where the nearest Target and Kohls and Home Depot are -- so that's a plus, as I can at least find my way around somewhat! It was rather strange driving around and walking through a store not knowing anyone or anything, though -- this will all take some getting used to, I'm sure.

No comments: