Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Randomness...

A few random photos....

Nate debates between growing his hair a bit longer like his big brother, or keeping it short...well, we're having family pictures this upcoming weekend and so we gave Nate the option to get it cut or not -- he chose to have it done because said it was 'driving him crazy' having it over his ears! LOL Although I think he does look better with shorter hair, I'm beginning to also think it makes him look way too grown up! Wow -- where did my 'baby' 'go?


He's even now been 'promoted' to the job of 6th grade 'safety patrol' at school... :)


And, in more 'remodeling news'.....(I'm sure you'll all be glad when this is finally over, huh?! LOL) I think I've finally decided what colors I want to do in our family room/kitchen area...

These are the colors I want. I found this rug yesterday at JcPenny's and fell in love with the color scheme! The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's really great and looks awesome with the woodwork. So.......my thought is to paint the walls the color of the lighter yellow/mustardy color in the second row from the bottom and second in from the sides. Then, I found the red curtains/scarf below, for at least the family room, and then I'm contemplating valances in the kitchen area/bay window. And, I want to do some greenery and orange accents. I think it'll look awesome if I can bring what's in my mind out into my house! LOL In fact, I met a friend for lunch yesterday at the Panera Bread near the Legends and they had almost the exact same color scheme and it looked so warm and cozy, yet 'fun'. I loved it. And, most importantly -- I ran it by Steve and he thinks it'll work well. So...that's the plan....now, we'll just see if I can find everything I want/need! LOL


Oh yeah....we tried this paint color, but although it looks kinda yellow in the photo, it simply looks brown in the kitchen, which is what I don't want. LOL

PS......I am soooooooooooooooo EXCITED! I e-mailed Panera yesterday to find out what colors they use and guess what? They JUST e-mailed me back with the exact colors they use in their store and go figure...said it's a 'common request'! LOL Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee! :)

5 comments:

Tracie said...

That's so cool that you emailed Panera! I love it!

Like the colors!

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome, Debi!! I love that color scheme, too. Yay!!! I saw some cute, cute plates at Wal-Mart that are Better Homes and Gardens. They are mustardy with green and red accents - like a small berry pattern. I love them!! It might be fun to hang a few plates on the wall in the kitchen or dining room. I have plates on my walls and love it!

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to the plates. The pic does not do them justice. I wish I needed new ones, b/c I'd get these.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5623416

I don't think I'd hang these on the wall if you use a mustardy paint color. But maybe some green or redish ones. There are some cute ones out there. Have fun!!!

Dena said...

Ok first, I agree...Nathan is looking WAY too grown up!!

Second...those are almost the exact same colors I have in our living room. My jaw dropped. :)

Thirdly...if you are emailing companies for their colors, you have officially gone over the edge. I just feel it's my duty as your big sister to inform you of that. Therapy can be your friend. LOL

Debi said...

Yeah, Steve laughed about me e-mailing Panera, too! LOL Sometimes I just get a 'wild hair' and when I want to know something, I just 'go for it'! LOL I was shocked, though, at how kind and gracious the manager was who e-mailed me! I was impressed, actually! And, today I'm heading up to the nearby hardware store since they have the exact paint! :) I'm going to get a few samples and try some different colors. You should see the walls now -- all sorts of different colors -- my sweet hubby think I done lost my mind! LOL