Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Daniel Academy

As I've mentioned, Brennan, will be going to a new school this fall. It's called, The Daniel Academy.

http://www.thedanielacademy.com

We tried to get both the boys into this school last year when we moved; however, it was already full, so we couldn't, but this year Brennan begged to go and yet Nate wanted to stay at the nearby public school he's at. So, after praying about it and discussing it, we decided to enroll Bren in TDA this fall and leave Nate where he's at.

Well, this past weekend, we had a Moms meeting. Just an informal time to get together, get to know each other more, and pray together for the upcoming school year and for the teachers, families, and kids.

I wasn't sure really what to expect as I didn't know anyone, but I was blown away! It was so awesome! I met some wonderful ladies and really go to know them more. They were all so welcoming.

But, what was really neat was how real and 'raw' everyone was. Some expressed their hurts, frustrations from the past year, from their pasts, in general, and it was so awesome. There were plenty of tears and just 'reality'. I love that! Of course, no one is perfect - no school is perfect -- but at least they can be real and honest with each other and then go together in prayer to the Lord, asking for wisdom, grace, etc. It was such a powerful time of God blending our hearts in humility and love for each other! We desire to go forth together as 'one' into this new year, with hearts yielded to the Lord and prefering one another in serving, giving, and loving. We long for TDA to be so 'different' from the world and a place where kids can really grow in their knowledge and experience of God and yet be excellent in their academics. I truly believe this school is such a light spot in this city!

We are so grateful and excited to be involved and look forward to the coming year!

No comments: