I had an awesome experience yesterday when I went and worked out......
I actually was SWEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL I know, I know -- most people don't really care or are glad when they don't; however, after almost 6 months of struggling to get myself to sweat whenever I'd work out -- I was so excited yesterday to actually have my shirt wet and sweat on my forehead. Now, I wasn't dripping wet, but I was sweating like I used to 'normally' sweat before we moved and my hormones went whacky! So, I was beyond thrilled yesterday!!!!!!! I had such a great workout and finally felt like 'ME' again! It's hard to explain the thrill in my heart. I still have weight to lose and I am way out of shape, but for the first time, I'm so hopeful and excited about getting my fitness level back. It's been such a struggle with how crazy my body's been.
I used to feel absolutely HORRIBLE. Then, I went to the doctor and he put me on a thyroid medicine, estrogen replacement, and progesterone replacement. After a month, I could feel a huge difference in my energy levels. It was aweome! This past fall and winter, I would literally have days where I was 'confined' to my bedroom because I didn't hardly have enough energy to even get out of bed. If I could make it out of bed, I'd be able to do maybe one thing, and then I'd be out of energy again and be back in bed. Not just 'tired', but it was as if I literally had zero energy supply. It was the most frustrating experience of my life! I felt so 'out of control' and like I couldn't do anything about it. Workouts ceast to exist and it was awful. So, after a month of being on the meds, my life finally began to change for the better. However, I still had about 10 days of the month where life was not 'good' and I didn't feel good at all. And, I still wasn't sweating.
So.......I went back to the doctor about 2 weeks ago for my 3 month lab work and appointment. My labs looked great, so he had me continue on the thyroid meds and progesterone; however, my estrogen was 'normal', but he didn't like the ratio of the 3 different kinds of estrogen. So, he wanted to switch that to an estrogen patch I'd wear. But, I tried it and it was AWFUL! I had a week where I was miserable -- headaches, bloated, etc. So, I finally had had enough. I hated the estrogen from the very beginning and now that my levels were normal, I wanted off of it. So, I called them and he agreed to let me try going off of it and see if my ovaries can finally kick in and do their job. :) I was so happy! He also added some progesterone cream to those rough 10 days of the month. So, now I'm just on the thyroid meds and both progesterone cream for part of the month and then prescription progesterone for the rest of the month. I hope to get off the thyroid completely, but he won't let me consider it until I'm 'stable' for at least 6 months. But, that's ok -- I can deal with it because it's made me feel a ton better, but it was the estrogen I hated.
He had told me at the last appt. that the reason I wasn't sweating wasn't because of my thyroid, like I'd thought - but rather because of the whacky hormones. So, yesterday when I was actually sweating, I was beyond thrilled -- I think it'd due to getting off the estrogen and giving myself the extra progesterone. I'm not sure -- all I know is I feel like I can finally get 'back on track' now. Being at the YMCA and NOT training has been driving me crazy -- I'm ready to actually get back into the fitness department. So, being able to sweat and have a great workout, was the first step toward that! :)
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you! Glad you are feeling so much better! Yay sweat!!
Post a Comment