Today was a busy day, but good. I worked this morning at the YMCA, filling in for another gal. It was very busy and I even sold my first membership! :) I've done a lot of tours and given away a lot of guest passes, but this was my first sign up! :) She was an older, sweet lady and I'm glad she joined! :)
It's so easy for me 'sell' the YMCA, because I love it there! I truly believe in the Y philosophy and just love how there's no pressure to 'sell' anything -- of course we want to sell memberships, but we're not at all high pressure or want people to feel pressured when they walk in the door. We truly want to find out what people need and how we can best meet those needs. It's so nice to not have the pressure, but to truly be people focused. And, we're focused on families, so it's fun to talk to the kids and make them as much a part of it as the grown-ups. Also, today we handed out flowers all morning to all the women/moms/grandmas. That was fun and they loved it! Our boss said that the Y likes to do something every month to 'bless' the members -- some token to let them know they're cared about and that we appreciate them. I think that's so great! :)
While I was at work, Steve blessed me and got groceries! :) He had asked yesterday what he could do while I was at work, so I told him grocery shopping would be awesome and he agreed. (What a guy!) So, I wrote everything out and had the coupons/lists all ready and had two places for him to go. So, he went and was gone about 3 hours! lol Poor guy -- he was quite stressed when he got home and said going on a Saturday morning was the dumbest thing he could have done! lol He said it was CRAZY and tons of people out! He said if he did this regularly, he'd definitely have to change a few things -- like more comfortable shoes! lol He did get a few things that weren't on the list and mixed up a few things, but hey -- atleast he did it and I was so grateful as I had plenty to do today anyway, and with working it didn't leave many hours in the day!
Tomorrow we're going to go to a different church and hear Gracia Burnham speak! It was Steve's idea and I'm really excited! I've read her book about when she and her husband, Martin, were missionaries in the Philippines and were kidnapped for about a year and then her husband was killed during the rescue operation. So, to actually hear her in person -- I think it'll be awesome and I'm looking forward to it!
1 comment:
I got to hear Gracia speak a few years ago at our state Women's Convention. I was blessed, blessed! I hope you are, too. And, tell Steve that Muff always brings home extra stuff from the store, too. Usually Oreos! LOL
Post a Comment