Sunday, May 4, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had a very busy weekend and it flew by...

Saturday Steve and I had the opportunity to go hear Dave Ramsey, live here in KC! If you don't know who he is, you can go to http://www.daveramsey.com/ and check him out. But, basically he's a christian financial 'guru'. We've recently gotten his book, "The Total Money Makeover" and I've heard about him; however, I had never really heard him. But, some friends of ours offered us two free tickets to go see him! They had some for their other friends, who had backed out, so they gave them to us! Yeah! :) So, we go to go hear him and spend a good portion of Saturday at the event. It was such an encouragement to us and a 're-focusing' of financial priorities and how to do things 'smart'. Not a lot of 'new' stuff, but more just the enthusiasm/encouragement was great. He's done a lot of dumb things financially and a lot of 'brilliant' things and we appreciated his 'realness' and some of his spiritual parallels -- it was great. ;) He related a lot of financial training to personal training as he recently started working out with a personal trainer, so that was really intriguing for me to listen to! :) Anyway -- we were so thankful for the opportunity to go and were provoked to tweak things even more financially and it was a nice little 'date', too....

Saturday evening we hung out as a family and watched The Chronicles of Narnia. What a great movie! We'd gone to the movie theater when it'd come out; however, I had gotten sick that night and walked out of the theater right toward the end, so I never got to see how it ended! lol So, I was thrilled last night to get to see it ALL! What a great movie! We're so excited that a new one, "Prince Caspian" is about to come out!

Today was a great day -- BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!! We went to church this morning and then ate lunch and then did some house stuff, a few errands, and then Steve and I went for a walk by ourselves while the boys played with their friends. Then later we went to the nearby school and played basketball, 4-square and some other games with the boys. Then we came home and took Chester for a walk, too! It was such a great day to be outside and hang out as a family! :)

We also got to meet our neighbors across the street tonight. We'd met the man and the daughter, but I'd never met the mom. We'd waived at each other, but that was about it. So, tonight they were out and we went out and started talking to them. They're so sweet!!!!! They're Christians and just seem so neat and we just 'hit it off'. They're older than us, but they seem like such a neat family and really great. The wife invited me to join in their monthly 'bunco' playing -- I have no idea what that is, but said I'd be interested! lol Not sure what I just agreed to, but she said it's really fun to get to know other women in the subdivision. ;)

And, tonight we're all tired and ready for bed! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Oh yeah..........forgot to say that I also found out this weekend..........I passed my YMCA Computer test!!!!!!! So, now I can officially log in and 'play' with the money! lol I was so relieved to hear I'd passed as it was a long process and totally overwhelming to my mental capacity!!!!

1 comment:

dbanderman said...

im simply amazed how you can just go up to people and start talking to them. i lived in lenexa for five years and i knew the names of the neighbors on either side of us and across the street and that's it. so i need to borrow some of your boldness! kudos.