Sorry I haven't blogged much...it's been a long week. My sister has done a better job of blogging her emotions, so feel free to continue reading her blog! :)
Grandma is still 'hanging in there'. Daily she seems to be doing a little worse. The doctors are shocked that she's 'bounced back' as much as she has from Tuesday, when Doc really didn't expect her to live past about 24 hours. But, due to her attitude and love of life, her heart is still going strong. Her lungs have cleared up, amazingly. She's had a few moments where she perks up and talks as if 'normal' and then goes back to sleep. She's barely eating/drinking and struggles to swallow.
However, she is in pain somewhere - they don't know where, and as of today she's not really coherant. She's still on morphine and Doc does not expect a recovery.
It's so hard to be 4 hours away while your family is there and hurting. I'm daily on the phone with my parents, a couple times at least. My heart is so there right now, even if I'm not physically.
The nursing staff finally MADE my parents go home the last two night and get some sleep -- I'm thankful for that. They were completely drained and exhausted physically and emotionally.
The goal right now is simply....keep Grandma as comfortable as possible for as long as God allows her time on this earth.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers you've sent our way! It means so much as our hearts are breaking having to slowly say good-bye to someone we love so much.
***
Other than that...our 'back up' computer crashed. So, I'm at the library and ordered a laptop from Dell yesterday. Should be in the first of the week. Yeah.....we're ready to have a computer that consistenly works again. :)
1 comment:
I remember how hard it was when my grandma was dying and I was 8 hours away. All of my family, my cousin and her family all went to say 'goodbye'. I didn't get to. But, my mom kept telling me to be glad my last memories of Grandma were good ones. I didn't like that at the time, as I wanted to be with them. But, now, looking back, I am soooo grateful the last time I saw her she was up and communicating, smiling and told me she loved me.
(((HUGS)))
Kelly
Post a Comment