Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

Wow, it's been almost a week since I last posted! Life has been crazy! I have had almost 30 hours of training for the YMCA in the past week -- yikes!!!! It's been great, on one hand, that they do so much training (paid!) and you learn a ton, but it's been a bit crazy to juggle my schedule with Steve's and the boys and try to do it all! I'm glad the training is almost over. I go this morning to do more computer training at our gym for a few hours. The computer is beyond overwhelming, that's for sure! It's so confusing and I have to take a test and pass before I'm actually allowed to use it! lol

The gym is having 'issues', too. Unfortunately, we're not open yet -- hope to be by this afternoon. The city has not issued a permit, yet, because of certain issues. For example -- the "Exit" light didn't light up when they came -- even though it was on the entire day before without any problems! lol Then they had to replace something in one of the smoke detectors. They had the part shipped overnight and it was supposed to be here this morning. Once that is done and then inspectors come this morning yet -- hopefully we'll get the green light. Members are anxious for it to open, as well as staff! :)

I also was just offered more hours with IZEA, the company I've been working for from home. So.............I'm trying to sort out with my husband what is realistic for me to do, and yet keep our family/home as my first priority. It's quite the juggling act! Steve's really helpful for me to see what I can or cannot do in a REALISTIC way as I get easily overwhelmed when I have a thousand different ways my brain is going, and he is so good at helping me to break it down and think more clearly! ;)

Other than that, we went to St. Clair last weekend, and Steve's brother, Mark and his family were there, too. It was so much fun to get to see them again! We've missed them!!!! Their kids seem to have grown so much just since January! They're coming to KC in May and I'm excited we'll get to see them again so soon. Megan and I were able to go for some good walks (HUGE HILLS!), which was fun to do with her again. She's in great shape and always challenges me, which is good for me. Plus, we enjoy the conversation along the way, too, which makes the time fly by! :)

On Saturday we headed into St. Louis and went to Grant's Farm (Ulysses S. Grant). It's free. It was kind of cold and windy, but it was a neat place. We got to ride the little tram around the farm and see the animals from all over and then go to the petting area and see a show with an Eagle, goat, and another huge bird. For a free area, it was a great place for the kids to get out, run around, and hang with the animals. Then when we left there, we went to Ted Drewes and had some yummy frozen custard........after eating at Steak and Shake! lol But, it was a fun day and it was good to hang out with them again! :)

No comments: