I recently heard about the following blog, "Confessions of a CF husband" and their story has gripped my heart. Here's the synopsis:
Nate and Tricia are a married couple. Nate is a worship leader at a church. Tricia has cystic fibrosis. Last summer she was scheduled to begin physical therapy to be put on the transplant list for a new set of lungs. However, the day before that was to begin, they found out they were expecting. They'd wanted to have a child, but had never been able to conceive, so they put their 'plans' on hold so she could have this transplant. BUT.....God had other plans and they were SHOCKED and EXCITED when they found out God had blessed them with a pregnancy!
Of course, all of the medical community advised them to have an abortion. Carrying this child would not result in a full-term pregnancy and could risk both the baby's and Tricia's life. However, Nate and Tricia are pro-life and believe life begins at conception and refused to termintate this pregnancy even if it meant Tricia giving her life for this child.
About a month ago, little Gwyneth Rose was born at about 24 weeks, weighing only 1lb. 6oz. She is currently in the NICU and doing as 'well' as she can be for being so premature. Tricia has had some major difficulties; however, she is slowly getting 'better' and is hoping to start the physical therapy any day so she can get put back on the transplant list.
I'd encourage you to check out this story at: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/ Nate posts often. This family could really use any prayers they can get on their behalf! It's a heart-warming story of really standing by the sanctity of life. :)
4 comments:
Hi. I jumped over from Tracey's blog. I want to put a post of this family on my blog as well, and I love the write-up you did on this family. Do you mind if I just quote your entry?
Hi Joanna -- nice to 'meet' you. :) Sure, feel free to post it. I would love to see the Body of Christ all over finding out about this family and truly praying for them and standing with them.
Blessings!
Debi
Thank you!
I did it, thank you! I agree... this sweet family is being so watched, I am praying for a mighty move of God - and even healing without the medical intervention. No more CF for Tricia & lungs restored, healthy chubby baby for Gwyneth!
Post a Comment