Wednesday, January 16, 2008

YIKES!

By the end of February, I have to fulfill so many credit hours with the American Council on Exercise, or I will lose my certification as a personal trainer! YIKES! I have a few credits, from stuff I've done over the last couple years, but with the busyness of life and all that's gone on the last two years, I've just pushed re-certification to the back of my mind -- until now, when I HAVE to do it! So......the past week or so, I've been looking at all my options and trying to find a cost-effective curriculum that is something I'm interested in .

Finally, I decided on a Functional Training curriculum and am really excited about it as it's by an author that I've read a lot from and love his down-to-earth, practical approach to training and he uses lots of photos of exercises, which I love, too.

So, I receive this curriculum in the mail yesterday and was excited to start looking through it. BUT...........YIKES! YIKES! YIKES! The very first paragraph of the introduction says you should have a pre-requisite in kinesiology! Oh no! And as I kept looking through the book and study guide, I'm realizing that I'm way in over my head. But, what to do now? I don't want to spend even more money, so today I'm beginning to dive into this. I really am interested and excited in the material, and thankfully it has a DVD with it, which I'm hoping will help, too! But, it looks quite overwhelming!

And, I'm getting all our taxes together to be done in February, too -- which means my 'once-a-year' filing is about to begin! LOL

So, for the next 5-6 weeks my brain just might be on overload and ya' never know what might come out of Debi during that time, so who knows what kind of posts you might get on here.

Just thought I might warn ya' all! LOL

No comments: