1st) Brennan and Nate have made a few more friends in the neighborhood, but I hadn't really met any of them, so I told them to invite them over tonight and we'd have cookies and hot chocolate. So, all afternoon, I made a ton of sugar cookies and frosted them with homemade colored frosting. I made SEVERAL DOZEN of them and other kinds!
2nd) Then, for some unknown reason, I got an 'impulsive' idea today when I got groceries.... I decided to majorly bless my husband! So, I bought something he loves -- CHICKEN GIZZARDS!
LOL So, a few friends gave me some ideas and I got a recipe and tried to fry them up -- quite the process! Voila.......fried chicken gizzards for my hubby when he got home from work! He was shocked and totally excited that I'd even attempted them and thanked me all night and couldn't believe I'd thought to try them! LOL He ate them and said they were great......they didn't look like Casey's and I'm sure they weren't quite as good, but he ate every single one of them and made me feel like I was 'Betty Crocker' or 'Rachel Ray' herself! LOL Plus, I made a new taco casserole recipe for supper............so.......whew.......lots of baking today!

Tomorrow might just be frozen pizza! LOL
3 comments:
mmmmmm....cookies and gizzards and casserole, oh my! ive been doing salads all week trying to lose just a few more pounds before the 5k this sunday. thanks a lot..now i feel like binging!
What a susie-homemaker - so proud
of you!!!
M
D - think about this...what is the difference between a church putting a McDonalds in their lobby and you feeding kids sugar-ladened treats? Just something to ponder!
Post a Comment