Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Quote

I like it when I read a good quote that inspires me and I came across this one again and thought I'd share it because it ministers so deeply to my heart every time I read it:

"Our lives have value and importance specifically because God enjoys us. This may seem too good to be true, but it is true -- gloriously true. We are defined by the One who pursues us. We are not just the sum total of what we accomplish. We are defined as important by virtue of the One who wants us, loves us, & enjoys us. Our success is measured solely by the fact that Jesus values and desires us. Our ministry may never be large, we may never have a lot of money, or even a lot of friends, but the fact that He enjoys us, answers the greatest need of our hearts. When we comprehend and accept this truth, our hearts are set on fire."

How amazing is that? The One who knows me best, loves me best! He not only loves me, but He LIKES me, He ENJOYS me! I am defined by His pursuit of my heart! Wow -- forever and ever this Truth will amaze and give strength to my heart! Heart Beat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Debi, that is very profound! Thanks for putting this on your website. akz