We're slowly feeling more and more 'at home' here in Lenexa. We still very, very much miss everyone 'back home' in Iowa, and yet the streets are becoming more familiar and we're slowly feeling more 'normal'.
We've had a good, busy weekend. Saturday was spent working on the house and running errands in the morning. Then, we joined our friends, the Feltens, at the nearby pool for the afternoon since the temperature was 100 degrees! The pools here are GREAT! They are huge and clean and very nice! A great place to be on such a hot day! In the evening we joined Mark and Megan and went to Steve's cousin, Doug's place. He and his wife, Kim and their two little ones also live in Lenexa. So, we had a 'family night' with our three families. It was great to see them again and catch up. We'd like to make this a once a month get together, since we're all within a 2 1/2 mile radius of each other! :-) Then, Steve's uncle, Rick Hanks, was in town so he stopped by, too. It was great to see him again, as well. We enjoyed our evening very much!
Sunday -- we went to the Church of the Harvest in Olathe. Our good friends from our old Chi Alpha days in Ames at ISU now live in Olathe and are the college and career pastors there. So, we went. It was a good service and we enjoyed our time with our friends. Afterwards, we went out for some Mexican lunch with them. It was really nice to catch up as we haven't seen them in a long time. Afterwards, the boys and Steve wanted to 'rest' and hang out at the house. While they 'rested', I decided to go check out a nearby gym that I'd been interested in.
The gym, Healthridge, is only 7 minutes from our house and so I went and toured it. It is VERY, VERY nice! Wow! It's a newer facility and is amazing. It's so very, very clean and just really, really nice, trendy, and totally 'upscale'. Honestly -- I felt so out of place...that's how 'upscale' it was! LOL It was immaculate! Everything was 'plush' and very expensive decor. I was impressed. However, the price was not impressive! LOL It's about $25 more per month than I spent in Des Moines! And, other than all the 'nicities' -- they didn't really offer much than my old gym -- and of course, none of my old 'gym buddies' are there, so it didnt' seem worth the extra money! LOL However......I did pick up an application. So, if I work there part-time then it might seem worth it. And, they did have a Starbucks coffee shop in the foyer, so hey -- it might be worth it afterall! LOL We'll see...
Then, I decided to drive around and try to find 3 others that I'd seen online. Well, I should have known not to do that! I mean, this IS Kansas City, not Ankeny! And, wouldn't you know -- I got lost and totally got messed up and ended up in some corporate business park and finally on some frontage road and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to get back on the interstate! LOL Oh no! But, I could see it.......so I just kept taking a turn this way and that and praying that I was going the right direction and not into downtown KC! LOL And, eventually I did make it to the interstate and found my way back home -- but not before Steve called my cellphone wondering where in the world I was! LOL That was quite the adventure and I learned that if I venture out into KC, I'd better have a map, directions, or at least have a clue where I'm going! LOL
The rest of the night was less adventurous as we finished up getting the guest room ready for my brother and his son who are coming to visit us tomorrow! Yipeeeeee! It'll be so good to see them again! And........they're bringing our dog, Chester! Double Yipeeeeeeee! He's been at my parents' house since we moved and we miss him and are anxious to have him back with us! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment